Apple Bacon Cheddar Bites
Make these bites using Ivy’s Vintage Reserve Aged Cheddar!
- 3/4 lb bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped and peeled apple
- 1 cup shredded Ivy's Vintage Reserve Aged Cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup store-bought biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 regular size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together bacon, apple, cheese, onion, sage and salt. In a medium bowl, stir together biscuit mix, milk and eggs until well blended.
- Spoon slightly less than 1 tbsp biscuit mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup. Top each with 1/4 cup bacon mixture, then top each with remaining biscuit mixture.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and edges are golden. Cool 5 minutes in pan; transfer to cooling rack to cool slightly before serving.