Baked Blushing Bruschetta With Rembrandt Cheese
This is the perfect starter for any meal. Best when served warm.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Tips & Tricks:
- Use the filling ingredients to make a tasty enclosed grilled sandwich or panini.
- Don’t like olives? Spread thick caramelized onion chutney on the bread and simply top with Rembrandt cheese.
- Roast baby vine or cherry tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and serve on top of a melting Rembrandt bruschetta.
- 2 large, thick slices country bread
- 2 tablespoons green olive tapenade
- 3.5 ounces Rembrandt cheese sliced
- 8 thin slices of chorizo or salami
- small handful watercress leaves
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat grill or toaster oven. Toast one side of the bread slices until golden. place un-toasted side up on a baking sheet and spread with olive tapenade. Top each with slices of Rembrandt cheese and chorizo and finish with a little more tapenade.
- Place under grill until melted and bubbling hot.
- Top with peppery watercress leaves, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve straight away.