Grilled Cheese with Gayo Azul Gouda, Roasted Mushrooms & Onions
A grilled cheese sandwich with Gayo Azul Gouda, roasted mushrooms and onions.
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 slices of bread (your choice)
- 1 cup Gayo Azul Gouda cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet, toss sliced mushrooms and sliced onions in olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet stove top, melt 4 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- While butter is melting, assemble sandwiches. On one slice of bread, layer shredded Gayo Azul Gouda, the roasted mushrooms and onions, then more Gayo Azul Gouda. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with other slice of bread, press together.
- In the melted butter, place one sandwich down for one second, then gently flip it over. Repeat with other sandwich. Cook for about 2 minutes, until lightly browned, then gently flip to other side and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is browned to preference.