Homemade Portobello Burgers
A delicious homemade Portobello burger with Mediterranean herbs and crispy pancetta.
- 1 onion
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 whole-wheat bread rolls
- Black pepper
- 4 slices Mediterranean herbs cheese
- 4 thin slices pancetta (optional)
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Preheat the grill or light the barbecue
- Peel and slice the onion
- Remove the stalks of the mushrooms. Lightly brush them on both sides with a little olive oil. Brush the onion slices with oil. Grill the mushrooms and onion slices for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- While the vegetables are grilling, cut the bread rolls open and toast them until golden brown and crispy.
- Turn the mushrooms with their stem side up and sprinkle with black pepper. Place a slice of cheese on top of each Portobello and allow the cheese to melt.
- Grill the slices of pancetta for 1 minute on each side. Skip this step for a delicious vegetarian meal!
- Spread the bread rolls with ketchup. Now build your burger. Start with a lettuce leaf, then a slice of onion and a Portobello mushroom. Finish with a slice of pancetta and the other half of the bread roll. Serve hot!