Juicy Orange and Fennel Salad
Orange and Fennel are a classic combination that is enhanced by the addition of Frans Hals matured goat’s cheese and an orange and olive dressing. Perfect as a light lunch or summer meal.
- 2 large oranges
- 1 medium head of fennel
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 oz mixed spinach, arugula and watercress leaves
- 5 oz Frans Hals goat’s cheese, cut into cubes
- (Dressing) 1/2 oz pitted black olives, finely chopped
- (Dressing) 1 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- (Dressing) 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- (Dressing) 2 tbsp orange juice
- (Dressing) 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Using a sharp knife, remove the skin and pith from the oranges. Then, holding the oranges over a bowl, cut into segments between the membranes. Reserve the orange juice and place the segments into a salad bowl.
- Discard the tough outer layer from the fennel, then thinly slice. Place in the bowl with the orange segments, red onion, salad leaves and cheese.
- To make the dressing, place 2 tbsp of the reserved orange juice and all the remaining dressing ingredients together in a screw top jar and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shake well, until combined, then pour over the salad. Gently toss together until the salad is evenly coated.
- Divide between 4 bowls and serve immediately.