Roasted Mexican Vegetables
Roasted Mexican vegetables with Edam chili cheese and fresh avocado.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 corncobs
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 10 oz carrot
- 17.5 oz sweet potatoes
- 8 small tomatoes
- 1.5 oz tortilla chips
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 5 oz sliced Edam cheese with chili peppers
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Halve the corncobs, then halve them again. Place the pieces in a large pan half-filled with boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Cut the peppers into wide strips. Peel and thickly slice the carrots. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 6-8 equal sized pieces each. Halve the tomatoes.
- Place the corn, pepper, potato, carrot, oil, chili powder and some salt into a large oven dish and mix together.
- Roast the vegetables for 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn the vegetables over twice during roasting. After 40 minutes, add the tomatoes and roast the vegetables for 10 more minutes.
- Peel the avocado, halve it, take out the stone and chop the flesh. Slice the cheese into wide strips.
- Take the oven dish out of the oven and scatter the avocado on top. Roughly crumble the tortilla chips on top, top with cheese and place back into the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Tip: You can use normal potatoes instead of sweet potatoes.