Smoked Cheddar, Apple and Celery Salad with Warm Walnut Dressing
Crisp & wholesome spinach-based salad featuring apples & U.K. Smoked Cheddar from Wyke Farms.
Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 oz walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of runny honey
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 and 1/2 oz baby spinach leaves
- 2 seasonal eating apples, such as McIntosh
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 avocado
- 3 and 1/2 oz Wyke Farms U.K. Smoked Cheddar
- Sprinkle the spinach leaves onto a large serving plate. Slice the apples, celery and avocado and add to the spinach.
- Crumble the U.K. Smoked Cheddar over the salad.
- In a small frying pan, add all the dressing ingredients and warm through over a low heat. Do not boil or overheat as it will burn the oil - the dressing should be just warm.
- Pour it all over the salad and eat straight away.