Toasted Cablanca Sandwich
A toasted Cablanca sandwich with grilled zucchini and fresh basil.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 zucchini (7 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh basil sprigs
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 slices Cablanca goat’s cheese
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut the zucchini into 24 slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Pick the basil leaves off the sprigs and chop the stalks.
- Spread the bread slices on one side with tomato ketchup. Put the 4 slices, ketchup side up, on a work surface and cover with the grilled zucchini. Scatter the chopped basil stalks and some black pepper on top. Follow with a slice of cheese and some basil leaves. Place the remaining slices of bread, ketchup side down, on top.
- Toast the sandwiches until golden brown. Halve them diagonally and serve hot!
- Tip: You can also fill this sandwich with grilled peppers and/or eggplant.