Zesty Chicken and Arugula Pizza
A delicious homemade pizza with heaps of tangy Rembrandt and sprinkles of sweet-sour balsamic. Perfect for lunch or great as a snack to share amongst friends.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 5 oz boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive-paste (tapenade; home or ready-made)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 ready-made pizza crusts (whole wheat)
- 7 fl oz tomato sauce (home or ready-made)
- 3 oz arugula
- 3 oz Rembrandt cheese (shaved)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the chicken in small strips. Mix well with the tapenade.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the chicken for 5 minutes until browned.
- Put the pizza bases on a well-oiled baking sheet. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizzas and divide the chicken on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the pizzas are a golden crispy brown.
- Garnish the pizzas with the arugula and top generously with the Rembrandt cheese shaves. Drizzle with some balsamic vinegar and, if you like, some drops of olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot for lunch or as an appetizer